Our team includes a Breast Care Navigator whose main goal is to be a resource to you through every step of your care to help give you peace of mind. The breast care navigator is available to all breast cancer patients and their families to serve as a consistent care coordinator, a support person, a facilitator of available community resources, a health educator and as a personal advocate.
A Breast Care Navigator serves as:
- A consistent care coordinator throughout the continuum of care assessing the physical, emotional and social needs of the patient.
- A support person for breast cancer patients and their families in understanding and coping with the strong emotions and social recovery.
- A facilitator of available community resources for patients and their loved ones (such as gas vouchers, co-pay relief, transportation services, local support groups, etc.)
- An educator in breast cancer treatment options and general breast health issues.
- A personal advocate for the needs of breast cancer patients and their families.
Additional support services:
- Multidisciplinary consultation
- Instruction on performing breast self-exams
- Dietary consultation
- Education & psychosocial support
- Patient & family support
- Survivorship partners
- In-house counseling
- Permanent make-up technician
- Support groups
- Genetic testing
- NEW Young Survivors Group! Click here for more information!
To schedule an appointment at the Breast Care Center, please call 505.727.6900.