The Birthing Center at Lovelace Westside Hospital gives Rio Rancho and Albuquerque's Westside access to birthing services close to home.
We offer state-of-the-art, compassionate, patient-focused care, all in one room! At Lovelace Westside Hospital, you can labor, deliver, recover and care for your new baby all in a beautiful home-like suite. Once your little one arrives, we are happy to dote on new parents with a special meal, baby's first photo, a gift for mom and baby, and more.
Built in 2011, our new Birthing Center includes:
- Nine beautiful, private labor/delivery/recovery/postpartum rooms
- Couplet care, where mothers and their newborns stay in the same room
- Hydrotherapy during labor with jacuzzi/jetted tubs
- 24/7 anesthesiology coverage
- Family-friendly amenities, such as in-room sleeping accommodations for a guest, soothing colors, Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs
- State-of-the-art C-section room
This new family-centered unit provides a warm, healing environment. From long before your baby arrives to long after your little one is brought home, Lovelace Westside Hospital is committed to giving you everything you need for yours and your baby's wellness.
- Baby Care Basics classes
- Breast feeding support
- Family planning assistance
- Maternity care classes
- Parenting classes
- Prepared childbirth classes
Our comprehensive care and multidisciplinary medical team includes registered nurses, anesthesiologists, nurse midwives, physicians specializing in obstetrical care and pediatrics, as well as a caring support staff to create the best of experience possible.
Your birth experience is special, and we are honored to share in this exciting life event with you.
We accept most insurance plans, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of New Mexico, Molina, TRICARE, United Community Health Plan, Medicare, Medicaid, and many more. For more information or to schedule a tour of the Westside Family Birthing Center, call 727.7677.