From insomnia to sleep apnea, Lovelace Medical Group understands that sleep disorders are an illness that has reached epidemic proportions. Board-certified sleep medicine physicians provide effective treatment for:
- Sleep apnea, when an adult regularly stops breathing during sleep for 10 seconds or longer.
- Excessive snoring.
- Problems staying awake, such as narcolepsy.
- Problems with nighttime behaviors, such as sleepwalking, night terrors, or bed-wetting.
- Problems sleeping at night (insomnia). This may be caused by stress, depression, hunger, physical discomfort, or other problems.
- Problems sleeping during the day because you work at night or do rotating shift work. This sleep problem is called shift work sleep disorder.
- Conditions such as periodic limb movement disorder, which is repeated muscle twitching of the feet, arms, or legs during sleep.
Our sleep medicine specialists and their team of medical professionals will help you understand your treatment options and support you in creating an individualized care plan to improve your sleeping, comfort and enrich your overall quality of life.