Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital offers pain assessment and interventional pain management services by physician specialists and referrals for outpatient therapies when needed.
Our goal is to provide our patients with sufficient pain control and pain relief so they can enjoy an active, rewarding life.
Chronic pain is pain that is persistent. Pain signals can keep firing for weeks, months, even years, after an initial injury or illness. Common chronic pain concerns include:
- Neck and back pain
- Cancer pain
- Arthritis pain
- Neurogenic pain (pain resulting from damage to the peripheral nerves or to the central nervous system)
- Psychogenic pain (pain not due to past disease or injury or any visible sign of damage)
If you are experiencing chronic pain, you might benefit from specialty anesthesia interventions provided by our skilled physician specialists at the Lovelace Pain Management Clinic.
We provide the following services:
- Cervical, thoracic, and lumber epidural steroid injections
- Caudal injections
- Paravertebral facet injections
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Trigger point injections
- Peripheral nerve blocks
- Spinal cord stimulators