General surgery is a surgical specialty that focuses on the organs of the abdomen, including the esophagus, stomach, colon, liver, pancreas, gallbladder and bile ducts, and often the thyroid gland. Lovelace Medical Group general surgeons diagnose and manage a variety of issues, both benign and oncologic, involving these organs. They also treat disorders of the skin and soft tissues, the endocrine system, hernias, as well as other disorders of the abdominal wall.
Lovelace Medical Group general surgeons perform both common and complex procedures and many surgeries can be done with minimally invasive techniques. This usually means less pain and quicker recovery time. Our general surgeons and their specialized team of medical professionals will work with you to determine the best type of surgery or procedure for your condition.
We offer a broad range of surgery services, including:
- Office-based skin lesion removal and biopsies
- Laparoscopic surgeries, including gallbladder, appendix, hernia and biopsy
- Advanced da Vinci robotic surgery, including single incision hernia repairs and gallbladder surgery
- Colon/small intestine/hernia surgery
- Hemorrhoid surgery
- Screening colonoscopies and endoscopies
- Emergency surgery
- Chest tubes, central lines, arterial lines, abscess drainages
- Weight-loss surgery - Laparoscopic Gastric Sleeve, Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y (Gastric Bypass), Laparoscopic adjustable banding and LAP-BAND revisions